Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 year seemingly possessed at night

(3 Posts)
Cosmia Mon 10-Nov-14 19:46:03

Our 2.7 yr old has changed from being a solid 11 hour sleeper to waking constantly through the night, in a terrible rage and is virtually inconsolable / can't be reached in a fog of fury. It's coincided with the start of full time nursery but he seems to be happy there. Not sure if it is night terrors as he never wakes up saying he is scared/the wolf is after him etc, it just takes ages to get through to him and re-settle him, and the usual solution is to bring him in with us (which is hopeless as he then takes up the entire bed and keeps us both awake and isn't something that we want to start doing). He still naps during the day for c.1hr but dropping that or increasing it doesn't seem to change things.
Any help very gratefully received as we are all shattered and miserable!

MooseyMoo Mon 10-Nov-14 19:56:31

My DD had awful night terrors when she dropped her nap. She would be crying/screaming and wouldn't recognise me when I went in to calm her down. If I tried to cuddle her she would thrash around. We eventually learnt that we had to wait for her to calm down before she recognised us and let her cuddle her. It was awful and lasted a couple of months.

Cosmia Mon 10-Nov-14 20:16:16

That sounds exactly what we have. Months?? Oh dear....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now