Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Toddler dependent on bottle to sleep

(1 Post)
Piercy Mon 10-Nov-14 13:56:51

Hi

We have a 19 month old who seems to have been born with a moto sleep is for whimps! I thought we were doing the right thing as i'm a first time Mum and no practice whatsoever literally I didn't know how to change a nappy!!! So huge learning curve.

To get LO to sleep at night we gave him his night time feed and he either dropped off whist drinking it or not long after and used the bottle to suck on almost like a dummy, but he won't take a dummy, he also doesn't suck his thumb.

However now he wakes or stirs in the night and I think doesn't know how to self settle, as he can't find his bottle (it is in the cot), if we don't hear him stirring he ends up crying and then he is fully awake and then it's a real struggle to get him back to sleep.

Last night he woke at midnight, but it can be the early hours of the morning, and the other morning it took him an hour of crying before he finally went back to sleep I'm exhausted this has been going on for weeks.

I guess what I'm asking is how do I remove the bottle, and how do I get him to learn how to self settle?

from sleep deprived Mum who has made a rod for her own back thinking she was doing the right thing with giving the bottle! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now