Talk

Advanced search

why would my previously reasonable sleeping 14mth old suddenly start waking at 11pm and not re-settle

(5 Posts)
Tiredemma Mon 10-Nov-14 00:31:12

Wide awake. Won't settle. I'm exhausted.

Previously an ok sleeper but past three nights horrendous.

redcaryellowcar Mon 10-Nov-14 00:42:52

Hashe just started walking?

Tiredemma Mon 10-Nov-14 00:43:39

Yes. This week

redcaryellowcar Mon 10-Nov-14 05:54:45

Think it's (change in sleep) often due to a mental or physical progression, have you read the wonder weeks? I think best you can do is get to bed early yourself for a bit and keep night time as dark and boring as possible? I read no cry sleep solution with ds1 when he did similar? Getting them to bed early can help them catch up too, or make sure her daytime naps are sufficient to recharge her batteries?

fuckwitteryhasform Mon 10-Nov-14 06:06:10

I was going to ask about walking too! Their brains are v busy and find it hard to switch off with the new development - think about trying to wind down as an adult when something's on your mind or a v busy week at work. Waking up to practice etc. should calm down in a couple of weeks - agree with making sure daytime naps are as long as possible so he's less wired when coming to bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now