Talk

Advanced search

when did yours fall into a routine for naps?

(8 Posts)
scottygirl5 Sat 08-Nov-14 18:45:10

DD2 is 9 weeks old, some days she does the big morning and lunchtime naps, little late afternoon nap thing, sometimes it's all over the place and hard to get her to have more than 20 minute at a time; she only naps in the car seat, on us or in the sling. Is this normal? I know DD1 didn't get into a nap routine till she was 6 months but had hoped it would happen quicker this time! Any advice on encouraging
a nap routine? Or is she too young?

stargirl1701 Sat 08-Nov-14 18:47:59

DD1 went into a nap routine at about 18 months.

LackingCommonSense Sun 09-Nov-14 20:53:24

I had to nudge DS into a routine because there was no pattern emerging.. he was around 6mo, 7moI think

Madamnit Sun 09-Nov-14 20:57:03

Mine fell into a 2 nap a day routine around the 7 month mark. It was 3 or 4 fairly random naps before that...

Hedgehogging Sun 09-Nov-14 21:03:11

Around 4 months here. Around when I started back to work PT.

I supposed I nudged her a teeny bit in terms of encouraging naps in her pram rather than on me so the CM would have something to work with. But she fell into a rough pattern of three per day on her own steam.

That said, she remained a catnapper, and still has many naps on me when I'm home (which I love).

I'd say go with the flow for now!

redcaryellowcar Sun 09-Nov-14 22:13:01

Ds is 8m and naps are still a bit erratic, think you are fine for the moment, your dc will nap best nearest you as that is the safest place,

scottygirl5 Mon 10-Nov-14 12:00:14

Feeling better with the replies thanks, have lots of friends whose little ones were in nap routines by this stage which made me worry I should do that.

Heatherbell1978 Mon 10-Nov-14 15:31:30

DS1 is 12 weeks and he'll only nap in 30-40 min bursts when at home but would happily snooze all day when we're out in the pram. I don't have a routine but try and follow the EASY framework so Eat, Activity, Sleep and always put him in his crib for naps. He probably has 3-4 naps during the day at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now