Talk

Advanced search

DS getting 'stuck' and waking up

(8 Posts)
Haahoooo Fri 07-Nov-14 13:05:23

DS is six months and has generally been a really good sleeper. He was sleeping through the night. WAS!

More recently he has started moving about his cot, rolling onto his front (he can't roll back yet) and positioning himself sideways in the cot where he sort of gets stuck with his head and feet against the sides of the cot. He's very long btw. All of this, particularly the getting stuck I think, is now waking him up multiple times per night!

Any tips? He's in a grobag and we've just invested in an air wrap 'safe cot bumper' but it doesn't seem to help...

Thanks!

Hurr1cane Fri 07-Nov-14 13:07:24

Are you crafty? Could you see two small rolled up towels into the mattress fabric to create a small barrier?

badfurday Fri 07-Nov-14 19:13:04

No tips but marking place as my 7 month old is now doing this. I found her nose down the other night! She was perfectly happy but I rolled her over which she got pissed with. She has a habit of rolling on her front and sideways like your baby. It's a bit of a nightmare and she is constantly waking herself and us up confused

imme Fri 07-Nov-14 19:23:41

Honestly, just ride it out! With both my children this was a short phase. DS eventually rolled back on his back or side and DD seems to like sleeping on her front. It seems to be a developmental stage which passes.

Rubycupcake Fri 07-Nov-14 21:11:58

My DS who is now 5 months has been doing this for the last month or so. I rolled up some big towels lengthways and put one roll either side of him under the cot sheet. I have them quite close to him but he still has enough space to sleep on his side which he likes to do during the day. He still manages to roll over the odd time but it's nowhere as bad as it was. Hope this helps..

Rubycupcake Fri 07-Nov-14 21:17:22

Just to add to what I said above,I found that the rolls need at be at least the length of baby otherwise he shuffles up and then somehow rolls over the top and on to his front.

mummy2pickle Fri 07-Nov-14 21:45:43

I'm with rubycupcake on this one. My dd is now 7 months and since 5 months she found the knack of rolling from front to back and getting stuck (she sleeps on front). Only a couple of weeks ago hubby put in two thick towels underneath her cot sheet either side of her. This now rebounds her when she tries to roll but allows her to get on her side. She actually uses them as a pillow now. I was going into her about 6 times a night to roll her back before towels now it's about once every few nights.

Haahoooo Sat 08-Nov-14 14:58:39

Thank you very much for the tips. Really appreciated and worth trying! And hopefully a very short phase. Last night was actually a bit better smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now