Talk

Advanced search

DD in own room!

(3 Posts)
Roobix04 Wed 05-Nov-14 20:03:53

Just put 7mo dd down in her own room for the third night. She of course is fine and is actually sleeping better than ever but I'm going crazy! I was really looking forward to having my room back but now I miss her. We have a video monitor and I made dp leave the screen on all night even though it's brighter than the sun just so I could see her. Being a mum is a weird mix of feelings. Anyone else feel happy and sad about moments in their kids lives?

eepie Wed 05-Nov-14 20:49:19

My DD just went in her own room too - - well in fact we moved out of her room ! She's 4 months though so quite early but we just kept waking her up...I was on eggshells and tense all night it felt like every time I moved a tiny bit in bed she stirred and she went from sleeping through the night to waking 3 - 5 times a night ! As an experiment I went and slept in another room a few when I was ill with a cough and cold and my DP slept in with her on his own and she slept SO much better only waking 2x in night and I slept better and was more relaxed too.

Last night was the first night she was on her own and I did worry quite a bit, really resisted going and checking on her as didn't want to disturb her.... tried to be chilled about it and trust that she's ok...I do kind of wish I had a video monitor though you lucky thing ! She slept 7.30pm - 3.30am and then 4am - 7.15am... PHEW ! So much better. She did seem a bit 'off' today though...I think she knows something is different !

Roobix04 Wed 05-Nov-14 21:59:30

I'm glad your dd did well. I'm sure we'll get used to it but it is hard. I think we're all sleeping better anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now