Talk

Advanced search

11.5 Mths bedtime just gone up the spout?!?

(6 Posts)
TheJourney22 Sat 01-Nov-14 13:34:44

So ..... VERY lucky I have been! Since DS 6 Mths old has always been 7-7 solid sleeper, self settled etc ....

Naps 9-9:30am & 12:30-2:30pm

Bedtime routine starts at 6:15ish & in bed & asleep by 6:45/7pm.

Yes .... I know I'm lucky (however the bugger whinges all day when awake & total Velcro Baby!) can't have it all.

Last 3 nights .... Quite frankly effing meltdown for an HOUR!!! So generally been falling asleep at 8ish due to exhausting himself from yelling!

Any ideas anyone?!? I don't think he's ready to drop 9am nap but maybe that is it?! confusedconfusedconfused

Artandco Sat 01-Nov-14 13:45:24

I would actually suggest she's overtired still if grumpy in day. Many babies keep x2 naps until 18 months

I would try nap 9am-10am ( so hour instead of 30 mins)

1.30-3.30pm ( so time to be tired enough after morning nap, and to eat lunch)

Don't start bedtime routine until 7pm earliest, so they are asleep more like 7.30/8pm. Later start, but better than wasting almost 2 hrs getting to sleep, for same result

Feelinghungry Sat 01-Nov-14 18:51:48

Could have written this myself Journey. DS 12.5 mths and past week bedtime has been one crying battle. He has one 2 hour nap in the day (many babies drop to 1 nap around the 12 mths mark) and has been fine on this for a couple of months. But for some reason he cries whenever I leave the room once he's had his milk. Used to go down like a dream and like yours has done 7 to 7 since 6 months (v lucky like you said). I think it's separation anxiety a phase which they do eventually grow out of (fingers crossed!!).

Buttercup27 Sat 01-Nov-14 18:57:38

Could he be teething or coming down with something? My ds has always been a very good sleeper but last week was horrible, it's the only time I have had either of my children in bed with me as it was the only way to stop the screaming! He had a bit of a cold and teeth coming through. On the 3rd night we gave calpol and kids olbas oil in the room and he slept 12 hours. A week later and he's back to normal sleeping 7-6.30. Good luck hope your ds sleeps tonight!

TheJourney22 Sat 01-Nov-14 22:29:00

Thanks all. Agree think it's a "blip" & teething etc .... & yes separation anxiety seems to have well & truly kicked in.

And .... went to bed a dream tonight so the bugger has just made a mockery of me wink

So .... ladies think I just have to accept these blips! confused

Babies aren't robots are they?!!! (Why not???)

Buttercup27 Sat 01-Nov-14 23:13:48

All babies should come with an instruction manual--and volume control--

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now