Talk

Advanced search

Dd 10 months sleeping on front

(6 Posts)
ali23 Fri 31-Oct-14 20:31:17

Dd, 10 months, is awful at sleeping. Beautiful, angelic, sweet as pie but really shit at sleeping. Anyway, after a long hour she has fallen asleep in the cot with me rubbing her back.

Since she managed to close her eyes without my boob in her mouth thus feels like massive progress but she has fallen asleep lying on her tummy, with her head to the side. She has slept on her side since she was very small but this feels a bit more dangerous. Not really a sicky baby but still concerned that she could choke.

Any experience, anyone?

HalfATankini Fri 31-Oct-14 20:34:01

Once my three could roll over all of them slept on their tummies and still do. With dc1 I used to roll him back but it was pointless. The important thing is that they have the strength to roll back. The risk I believe is more to do with newborns breathing being restricted if on their fronts not choking on sick.

RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Fri 31-Oct-14 20:35:19

It's fine. Presumably she can roll from back or side to tummy by herself anyway? Once they can do that, just leave them to it if they settle on their tummies. Ten months is well past peak SIDS risk and she has the strength to lift and turn her head.

ali23 Fri 31-Oct-14 20:35:49

Thanks. She has just started crawling this week so I think there was a point tonight we were practising in the cot when she realised she was grubbed but felt quite comfy! Terrified to move her in case I wake her.

Reiltin Fri 31-Oct-14 20:35:54

From the day she could roll, my lg has chosen to sleep on her tummy. Nothing I could do about it, and she's been fine smile

bonzo77 Fri 31-Oct-14 20:36:00

Once they can roll you have to let them
Sleep how they choose to. Can she roll? At 10 months I do think it's very different than with a newborn. And after 10 months it sleeping, you probably need her to too.

Mine both slept on their tummies from
A few weeks old. My younger one did end up on his sick for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now