Talk

Advanced search

Sleep consultants - worth it?

(8 Posts)
EEVEElution Fri 31-Oct-14 10:25:24

Just that really - I have a 6 month old DD, nightmare napper and night time sleep is getting worse. She's getting more and more fussy with going in her cot too. The interrupted sleep is not bothering me as much as I'd thought but the battling over naps is wearing me down and I am desperate for some kind of routine to the day, feel like I'm living in chaos atm and it's making me really depressed.

So I've had an initial look at sleep consultants, most of them do it over the phone which immediately makes me quite sceptical of how much they can get to know us. And they are expensive, basic package is around 300 pounds which honestly would be an absolute bargain if it sorted our issues but too much to fritter away on nothing! Any success stories/recommendations from mumsnetters?

ElphabaTheGreen Fri 31-Oct-14 21:48:35

Ann, Ann and for the third time, Ann! grin

DS1 was the most godawful sleeper known to MN (do a search on my name around 2012/13 and you'll see what I mean hmm) and she sorted him out entirely by phone and email when he was 21 months old. I almost didn't bother as I didn't think there was anything I hadn't tried, but I wish I'd gone to her earlier. DS2 is shaping up to be just as bad, so if he's still crappy at 6 months, I will most definitely be going back to her then.

Chiswickmummy1 Sat 01-Nov-14 05:02:49

Hi

We used Sian at www.sleepbabies.co.uk so kind and knowledgeable. So worth it for us and genuinely changed our lives; had so much more patience for our little one and each other. Took about 3 weeks to sleep through but Sian listened to our parenting style throughout and a sleep plan that matched that. I would call a few and choose the one you 'gel' with as important you have trust in the consultant. Good Luck x

Chiswickmummy1 Sat 01-Nov-14 05:04:00

Ps we had a home visit but she does to skype as well

fuzzywigsmum Sat 01-Nov-14 07:58:51

Yep, we used Andrea Grace. Totally worth it. Thought she'd just be churning out the same package to everyone but she definitely adapted to us and DD. I was sick of reading books and going round in circles so was v happy to pay someone else to tell me what to do. I also spoke to Sian recomended above and she also sounded lovely.

TheJourney22 Sat 01-Nov-14 13:35:33

Yes! Worth every penny grin

EEVEElution Sat 01-Nov-14 19:46:32

Thanks everyone! Will have a look at your suggestions tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes smile

Serendipity71 Sun 02-Nov-14 03:09:14

Hi we used Sian Thomas at Sleepbabies too; I was very sceptical but desperate and was in a rut of reading too much... In one week we had much better sleep; in 22 days we had nights of sleep from 7.00-5.30... Now we have 7.00-6 normally.This was after being up 10 times a night every night! Lovely, knowledgeable lady who helped me with other concerns too ( she is also a nurse and health visitor). I agree with Chiswickmummy; important to find the right person for you.. It was £250 for home visit and support for 4 weeks-
Best money I spent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now