Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wake to sleep - help, she keeps waking up!

(6 Posts)
runlikeagirl Fri 31-Oct-14 07:29:05

Doing wake to sleep with 2.3 yr old dd to stop 5am wake up. Thing is wake ups are just early, not always same time. Between 5 and 5.30am.

So at 4am I creep into room, simply replace duvet and she springs up. I've tried different times (4.30am) but she's a very light sleeper. She has resettled (with some milk) and then woken at 7am.

Not sure what I can do without waking her. This morning she turned over, I popped her dummy in. But 10mins she was yelling.

Any tips? Tonight is night 3.

runlikeagirl Fri 31-Oct-14 20:45:24

Anybody?

ElphabaTheGreen Fri 31-Oct-14 21:39:39

Why don't you try a GroClock instead? Between 4am and 5 am is a very light period of sleep for everyone, not just toddlers. I had what I called The 4am Impasse with DS1 for months and months and months because he would just not go back to sleep for a good half hour then be up for the day at 5 or 5:30. Persistence with using a GroClock from the time he was 21 months old finally stopped stupid-o'clock wake ups.

runlikeagirl Fri 31-Oct-14 21:55:01

We have a gro clock. She sort of gets it, but I've no way of enforcing it. She shares a room with her 5 yr old brother, so I and leave her to scream. I'd read a few examples of wake to sleep being successful and a friend did it with her son. But maybe dd is just too light a sleeper.

It's killing me.

mrsbrabbit Sun 02-Nov-14 07:35:52

Hi. Similar issue here with 2.8 year old. He was a very light sleeper but seems to gave improved over the last few months on that score. However has started waking 5.30ish for the last few weeks. We've done wake to sleep fairly successfully for around a week but I left him this am and sure enough he was awake at 5.30 and then half settled for another hour. We did rapid return in June and ontroduced the Groclock and that seemed to work when he was waking at 1ish. He now turns the Groclock off! Will persevere with WTS for another week and then if no progress will try RR again.

runlikeagirl Sun 02-Nov-14 08:20:20

You can lock the gro clock. Press one of the keys down and hold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now