Talk

Advanced search

Sleep issues advice needed!!

(4 Posts)
Shadi2411 Tue 28-Oct-14 20:54:22

Hi my daughter is nearly 4 ( in January) I am having real issues with sleep she's decided in the last 3 months she's scared won't go to bed this is only one of her excuses and won't sleep through.

I have tried everything star charts rewards taken her tv off her taken other things off her controlled crying read stories kept calm had quiet time before bed everything she's had the same routine since she has been born it's so out of the blue as she sleeps fine at her dads house if moved her room around blacked out the curtains nothing seems to be working I'm at my wits end and haven't a clue what to do if anybody has any advice will be much appreciated is been very persistent don't know how much longer I can be.

Thank you xxxxx

taxi4ballet Wed 29-Oct-14 00:24:21

Have you asked her what she's scared of?

Shadi2411 Thu 30-Oct-14 11:25:07

Yes there's a few things shadows being on her own iv blacked her window out so nothing is shining on the walls moved her room around away from the window

taxi4ballet Thu 30-Oct-14 19:42:27

She may be scared of shadows because she doesn't know what they are and how they are made. Perhaps you could take her outside on a sunny day and tell her all about it (in terms she will understand!!!) and then get her a torch so she can have fun making shadows indoors, and she can learn the difference between light and dark.

If she doesn't like being on her own, then how about a photo of all the family beside her bed? Or maybe some special little toy dolls that she can name and have in bed with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now