Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know of a sleep consultant you would recommend?

(10 Posts)
Soexhausted Mon 29-Sep-14 21:42:50

Absolutely desperate, my 10 month old is up every hour and I don't know how much longer I can go on. I live in Clapham and would prefer someone who could do a home visit. I don't want to do CIO. I have tried to do on my own but keep failing. Please help.

Appervine Tue 30-Sep-14 05:45:45

Ann at nurturing sleep is brilliant if you don't want to use controlled crying. She does all her support by phone and online rather than home visit. If you do a search on here for nurturing sleep, you'll find a few people who have used her (including me).

bringonyourwreckingball Tue 30-Sep-14 06:08:31

We used Millpond, telephone as we're up north but I think they do home visits too. Their book is very good too.

Liveinthepresent Tue 30-Sep-14 06:13:03

Another vote for Ann Caird at Nurturing Sleep.
She is so positive and supportive and you can go at your own pace.
She is very busy so you may have to wait but once you have a start date you will feel better.
Good lick

Serendipity71 Tue 30-Sep-14 07:15:30

Hi, we used Sian at www.sleepbabies.co.uk, absolutely best money I have ever spent. Totally listened to our parenting style and supported me throughout- I would never have done it without her. Sleeps 7-6.15 ish now in the main. She was so kind, I got a recommendation from here so search for www.sleepbabies.co.uk and will come up. We live in Southfields and she visited us at home. Good Luck x

Chiswickmummy1 Wed 01-Oct-14 19:46:46

We also used Sian at Sleep babies, such a lovely, knowledgeable person. Got the recommendation off here. It took 4 weeks to sleep through but after a week we had 6 hours of sleep before it was every hour wake ups. We had a home visit (Ealing), you won't regret it.
www.sleepbabies.co.uk

ElphabaTheGreen Wed 01-Oct-14 19:49:43

Another vote for Ann www.nurturingsleep.co.uk. Sorted out my DS all by phone and email. If you do a search on my username around 2012-2013 you'll see he was the shittiest sleeper on Mumsnet grin

BookTart Fri 03-Oct-14 20:57:31

Yet another vote for Ann Caird. We're working with her at the moment, and the change in just two weeks has been transformational for me. I was really losing my marbles. Best money I've ever spent.

puddock Fri 03-Oct-14 21:25:14

Ha, I came on here to recommend Ann - she was a pn doula for me 4 years ago and was absolutely lovely and I know she's moved into sleep consulting. So glad to read good accounts of her smile

Lydia1980 Fri 24-Mar-17 10:13:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now