Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE HELP baby waking up hysterical

(3 Posts)
1lastshot Fri 28-Mar-14 21:33:58

My DS is 7 months old and has never been a great sleeper but this week is just ridiculous, he used to wake up at 11 and 4 for feeds but has been waking between 9:30 and 10:30 crying almost inconsolably and then not settling in his cot at all so He then ends up in my bed out of pure desperation on my part for some sleep.
We were advised to try controlled crying with him because he could only fall asleep with either myself or DH sitting next to his cot which is when all this started, now he can go down for a nap ok with me holding his hand but nights are just a nightmare!!! Does any one have advice please I feel so helpless and exhausted!

missorinoco Fri 28-Mar-14 21:41:04

Has he been waking hysterical for just a short time? As in, if he normally wakes less upset I would wonder if there is something else going on?

If it ties in with the controlled crying, personally I would ditch it for now to let you all have some rest,and you can try again at a later date if you want. If it doesn't I wonder if he has picked up a virus and is feeling poorly. If mine were unusually upset for no obvious cause I used to give Calpol. With my first I only realised why he was upset a few times when he passed whatever lurgy he had onto me.

Do what you need to to get through this bit, then start again.

Good luck. Mine were all rubbish sleepers until about 8-9 months. It will pass, I promise.

1lastshot Fri 28-Mar-14 21:47:05

I haven't thought that he might not be feeling very well just because he seems fine in the day but will give calpol a go! Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now