Talk

Advanced search

Clocks going forward, do you change bed time?

(5 Posts)
BrassMonkey85 Fri 28-Mar-14 10:39:03

So the clocks go forward in Saturday night. What are your plans for bed time routine? DS is used to bath at 7pm. Shall we stick to the new 7pm (which he will think is 6pm) or go to the new 8pm (which he will think is 7pm)? He's 3 months old btw.

Any experience or advice?

ilovepowerhoop Fri 28-Mar-14 13:51:08

I would leave Saturday bedtime as it is and change the clocks in the morning. During the day on Sunday start shifting everything to the time shown on the clock e.g. lunch, dinner, bedtime, etc at the new time. It may take a few days to adjust properly.

KatAndKit Fri 28-Mar-14 13:52:29

Move it by 20 minutes each day for 3 days? I'd be surprised if he was in such a tight routine at 3 months that he'd really notice to be honest. Perhaps he will wake up earlier on Sunday morning due to the light and you can take it from there?

HazleNutt Fri 28-Mar-14 14:47:43

no, no plans to change. Gives me an extra hour to spend with him in the evenings, and hopefully he'll get up for the day at 7 now, instead of 6. What's not to like?

BrassMonkey85 Fri 28-Mar-14 15:13:03

Tend to agree with you HazleNutt. DS would then have more time with DH in the evenings too. Not too worried about light mornings as we have roller blinds (live in med and warm climate).
Was recently in the UK where it is an hour behind and we kept to our home routine so bath time was 6pm. He wouldn't have lasted much longer but then he was up REALLY early because the room got so light by 5 isn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now