Talk

Advanced search

Evening battles

(6 Posts)
Luna13 Wed 26-Mar-14 11:04:53

My DD is almost 6 weeks old, and it is a nightmare to settle her for night. She sleeps fine during the day, at night wakes up only once, rarely twice, but evenings are a nightmare. She is tired, she looks like she wants to sleep, but it takes up to 3 hours of walking, rocking and feeding to make her sleep. And last two nights another mission is to put her to bed. She falls asleep in our arms, looks deeply asleep, we lie her down and she is awake within few mins. Any ideas..? Pretty please...

Playboxpony Wed 26-Mar-14 20:24:40

Going through the same so no advice unfortunately! Just thought I'd let you know you're not alone. My 8 week DS can barely stay awake for for an hour and half during the day, but as soon as 6/7pm arrives he can stay awake for hours on end apparently!!

I'm trying to make sure he doesn't sleep so much during the day but it doesn't always work unfortunately and I guess he still needs it. We're persevering with a bedtime routine though, at about 8pm and put him down in his crib, just so he knows the difference between day and night (that's the theory anyway)...

Luna13 Wed 26-Mar-14 22:32:35

I am sooo grateful for your post... That's exactly what DD does, she can sleep happily for 4-5 hours in BabyBjorn, 6/7pm comes, and the crying starts. Than she stops, but doesn't sleep. I love Twilight, so that's what we've been watching at night recently ;-) Also catching up on Vampire Diaries.

Blueuggboots Wed 26-Mar-14 23:15:59

New babies are often nocturnal - sleeping all day and awake all night - they will "turn" but it takes a while.
Do you wait for 20 mins before you try and put her down? She needs to be fast asleep before you try and put her down.
At such a young age, it's all about survival!!

Blueuggboots Wed 26-Mar-14 23:17:03

Also most babies are unsettled in the evening...

Luna13 Thu 27-Mar-14 13:44:46

Thank you for replies! Will wait patiently ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now