Talk

Advanced search

Time to drop morning nap?

(7 Posts)
PickleMobile Wed 26-Mar-14 10:01:54

Dd has just turned one, for the past few days she has either fought her morning nap, or only gone down for 10-20 minutes instead of her normal 1-2 hours.

Is it time to drop the morning nap? I pushed it back an hour and a half today to see if it made a difference but it didn't, she ony slept for 10 minutes. She's visibly tired and grumpy though after around 2 hours of being awake but just won't sleep so I'm not sure what to do.

FreeButtonBee Wed 26-Mar-14 10:05:54

My twins dropped their morning nap at about 11 months. We had a month or so of having to push through, early lunches and avoiding long buggy trips in the morning but now they reliably go down for 2 hours or more at 12.15 and then bed at 7-7.30. I much prefer it! And they seem happier.

PickleMobile Wed 26-Mar-14 10:35:43

Thanks ButtonBee if she drops it looks like I'm going to have a shower with an audience as her morning naps when I tend to get ready!

It just seems like such a long morning, especially if she wakes between 5 and 6 like she has been doing!

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Wed 26-Mar-14 12:43:21

The early morning waking is probably making her overtired. As she has just turned one, she may be ready for one nap. DS was a bit odd at this age and his routine was 7.30 up for nursery, 11am lunch, 11.30 - 1pm nap, 5-6 nap, 8.30 bedtime. He just couldn't last until bedtime without a complete meltdown and would fall asleep on the way home from nursery.

I would go for the 11.30 am naptime and persevere for a week.

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Wed 26-Mar-14 12:43:58

Sorry, just to add, this should push back her wake up time for the day too. Have you got a black out blind up in her room?

FreeButtonBee Wed 26-Mar-14 15:20:53

ha! We're up any time from 5.45 still! They do go down for their nap very easily though and that blessed break at lunchtime is golden!

I shower before my DH, first thing. Then we all go downstairs together for breakfast (but things are a bit more regimented with two littlies, i think)

PickleMobile Wed 26-Mar-14 19:21:08

She has a blackout blind and curtains. White noise that she only has at nap/bed time. Ah well I'm back at work tomorrow so it's the grandparents problem for the rest of the week!

I'm starting part time from next week so should hopefully start to get us into a proper routine and can figure her naps out when I'm next off.

Don't you just wish they came out clutching their very own manual for life?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now