Talk

Advanced search

Squirming while sleeping?

(6 Posts)
AuntFlossy Mon 24-Mar-14 09:26:00

My daughter is 10 weeks and up until recently has been a terrible sleeper. She's breastfed and has finally started doing longer a longer stretch at night (some nights not all).

Last night she went down at 11:30 after fighting it and cluster feeding for hours hmm but then had a really good stretch and woke at 4. I then finally put her back down at 5:30 but within half an hour she starts squirming.

She moans me tosses and cries out and eventually wakes herself back up. He doesn't do this during the first bit of sleep (wether it's 2 hours or 4) but whatever time she wakes up after that initial sleep she squirms!

She does it a little in the evening but in the night and early morning it's really bad. She seems so uncomfortable and of course I end up not sleeping as she is next to my bed. So I'm basically getting between 2-4 hours sleep a night.

She just doesn't go down well after that first bit f sleep sad I usually end up giving her to DH who either holds her or gives a bottle so I can catch another couple of hours.

Any advice?

luckiestgirlintheworld Mon 24-Mar-14 12:11:00

I don't have any advice about what's causing this ( maybe wind?) - all I'll say is I recommend earplugs. My LO squirms a lot in his sleep and the only way I sleep is with earplugs. And the beauty of it is that as soon as he wakes himself up and gets upset- I can hear him through the plugs. But anything that is just squirmy and not upset I can sleep through.

Doodle1983 Mon 24-Mar-14 20:09:15

My DS sqirms in his sleep too 7 weeks. Has done since week 1. I thought it was reflux, dr thinks wind. I try to ignore and sleep through it. I'm just hoping it passes soon enough

MissRatty Wed 26-Mar-14 19:21:24

Same with our LO,he's now 17 weeks and has stopped being so squirmy...I think it was definitely a wind and reflux combo,and we're now managing both so he sleeps much more peacefully!

Try extra winding before bed and see if it helps...?

TheScience Wed 26-Mar-14 19:24:10

They do tend to be more restless after the 1st stretch of sleep - both of mine slept better in bed with me after the first night feed.

Doodle1983 Wed 26-Mar-14 19:25:12

I've been prescribed baby gaviscon for him today.. I'm really hopeful of a good night.. Perhaps a little too optimistic? Already seen an improvement in his sickness after feeds...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now