Talk

Advanced search

20 month old not sleeping

(2 Posts)
lemontop Sat 22-Mar-14 08:36:09

Looking for some advice. My DD, who was sleeping through the night from 14ish my (I think, memory is a little hazy) has started waking in the night for hours on end, sometimes from 1-5am.

This has been going on since half term, when we were away and she had to sleep in a different room. She might sleep through once in every two weeks but otherwise it's multiple wakings for hours on end. I am so tired and finding it really hard to concentrate at work.

She is not ill, not teething and I think it's just separation anxiety because she seems to just want Cuddling. Co sleeping doesn't work as she just starts jumping around the bed and poking my eyes. We have a 4 year old ds who is in another room and sleeps for 12 hours no problem, so could possibly move her in with him in the hope that she would be less lonely, but am really worried she would just keep him awake all night. She did when we were on holiday.

Don't even know where to start to make her sleep better. Any advice would be much appreciated. Zzzzzz

sharond101 Sat 22-Mar-14 21:36:12

What do you do when she wakes up just now? Is she waking up and distressed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now