Talk

Advanced search

Enough! Tonight we WILL sleep ...maybe ...

(4 Posts)
TisTheSeasonToBeUnreasonable Tue 18-Mar-14 09:06:14

Oh wise ones please help me before I go mad with sleep deprivation! I have three DC, 1st slept like a dream from 3weeks but ds2 (21months) and DC3 (11months) are hard work. They both wake numerous times a night for milk / comfort / screaming session etx and for the past 2 weeks the longest stretch of sleep I've had in one go is 2.5hrs and I'm struggling.

So I've decided to throw myself at your mercy and ask for recommendations - I'm not opposed to gentle CIO methods ESP as I fear the wakings are habitual not hunger / cold / illness. They both had peadatric reviews yesterday and are healthy - albeit teething - so let me know what info you need and suggestions will be accepted willingly smile

TisTheSeasonToBeUnreasonable Tue 18-Mar-14 09:08:47

Prob should say:
Ds2 (21 months) is on soya milk, has a poor appetite but docs say he is healthy despite, pretty non verbal, sleeps in a toddler bed (doesn't get out much just cries in it till we go in) no dummy just a muslin comforter

Dd (11months) is on formula still (4bottles a day) eats very little but we are trying to decrease milk and increase solids a little with docs advice, has a dummy but isn't dependant totally on it.

Both go down to bed awake and settle well it's just the numerous night wakings and not going back to sleep

WannabeMaryPoppins Tue 18-Mar-14 14:50:41

Hi Tis am just marking my place as we have a similar situation with our 23 month old ds. Am really interested to hear what others on here have to say.

TisTheSeasonToBeUnreasonable Tue 18-Mar-14 15:09:14

It's a tad quiet at mo but hoping someone will
Come along! smile

Sorry to hear you are in same position - lack of sleep is no fun. I have enforced quite a strict routine today and so far....all is good! They have eaten and napped fine, and my 21 month old hasn't thrown one tantrum which is unusual

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now