Talk

Advanced search

What is a good sling for 4 month plus baby to nap in

(9 Posts)
Hotmad Sat 15-Mar-14 11:24:32

So I can get things done, she naps well on me but I'm confined to sofa so I wondered what sling might be best for a bigger baby who likes to sleep on me cradled with head buried in my arm nook/boob area, also it has to be easy to use as I tried a couple of slings when she was young and we didn't get on too well as too complicated. Any tips be appreciated

flouncymcflouncerson Sat 15-Mar-14 11:26:57

A woven wrap may be best as can be tied in many different ways. They are a bit of a learning curve but I learned one carry from YouTube and it's the only one I use as it's perfect for us.

Another option would be a ring sling or a full buckles carrier. I've had both. Ring sling would posting baby like you've described and buckles are super simple. My hubby uses ours!

eagle2010 Sat 15-Mar-14 20:38:44

My 5.5mo DS loves the Ergo but hasn't napped in it as yet. It really calms him down tho, especially as he's teething at the moment and is really clingy.

He loves hanging out in it, chewing on the straps!

JuniperTisane Sat 15-Mar-14 20:41:10

A Connecta. Both my babies have happily slept in it. Its a buckle carrier but without all the structured waistband. Very very simple to use and adjust.

noitsachicken Sat 15-Mar-14 20:42:33

Another vote for the Ergo, comfy and easy to use. My DS napped in mine all the time.

marzipananimal Sat 15-Mar-14 20:44:43

Connecta here too. It has a really good hood for blocking out distractions and is very comfy and simple. Baby is upright though, not in cradling position

ToddleWaddle Sat 15-Mar-14 20:51:27

Agree re ergo. Really easy to use and kids lovely and snugly in it.

MomOrMum Sat 15-Mar-14 22:32:51

My babies have liked to sleep in the cradle position too. I love my Baby KTan and my 3 month old spends hours and hours every day in it sleeping in that position. By 4 months plus it may start getting quite heavy though. I also have a Coorie Fleece Pouch but again might get too heavy soon for the cradle hold.

I have a woven wrap sling but couldn't get the cradle hold position to work very well in that.

I switched to the upright position in the woven wrap or Ergo around 5 months, but they never seemed to sleep as well as when I could carry them in the cradle hold.

MomOrMum Sat 15-Mar-14 22:40:47

I should say that there is some advice not to carry babies in the cradle hold in a sling in case their head is too squished down and they can't breathe. I have always been very careful about this, but just something to be aware of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now