Talk

Advanced search

Getting more relaxed about sleep

(6 Posts)
Coffeemonster1 Fri 14-Mar-14 23:00:15

Do children get more relaxed about sleep as they get older? At night our lg settles no problem by her self and sleeps a good 12-13 hours. However during the day, unless she is at home in her bed, she won't nap. She won't nod off in the pushchair and very very rarely does in the car unless we are out as a one off close to her bedtime. Other children seem to fall asleep having cuddles or will just relax on the sofa etc and nod off or you see them in the shops asleep in their buggy whilst their mums carry on what they are doing. Our lg is 18 months and I still find my self having to come home mid day or plan my day around her sleeps otherwise she is a grumpy mess. Obviously she is my first priority but everyone else's babies just seem to sleep where ever they are etc is this normal? She has never just cuddled up with us and fallen asleep.

chocoluvva Sat 15-Mar-14 11:08:40

Maybe she doesn't need it. Some children need less sleep than 'normal'.

MyNameIsKenAdams Sat 15-Mar-14 11:16:41

My little one liked to be at home for naps too at that age. Tbh if she didnt sleep in the day she slept terribly at night, so coming home for a lunchtime nap was worth it.

she is now 2.3 and rarely naps at all now as she doesnt really need it.

Coffeemonster1 Sat 15-Mar-14 11:40:11

She does need it because she gets grumpy, rubs her eyes and strops. When we are home she can have up to 2 hours in the day. I wouldn't mind if she stopped her nap and was ok but she is a nightmare and even worse the closer it gets to bedtime which makes the afternoon and evening a bad time for us all.

MyNameIsKenAdams Sat 15-Mar-14 11:51:20

Well, then coming home for the nap, whilst a bugger, is worth it imo.

Happydaze247 Sat 15-Mar-14 22:12:43

Op, you have my sympathies. My 16 mo dd is just like yours. I wish she would nap while out and about so we could have a whole day out now and again. It's very restrictive when having your days cut in half!

I often see mums shopping, or having lunch while their dcs sleep peacefully in their buggies. My friends' have taken their dcs on holiday and they can go out for the evening while their dcs sleep in their buggy.
No chance! envy

I just count my blessings that she sleeps at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now