Talk

Advanced search

Four month sleep regression hell

(13 Posts)
PassTheCremeEggs Fri 14-Mar-14 13:18:13

Someone help me....please someone help me!

DS (DC2) used to nap like a charm - an hour in morning, 2-3 hours at lunchtime and 30 mins late afternoon. Now he naps for 30 mins max at a time. End of one sleep cycle I guess, he wakes and escalates into full on screaming within moments.

It's killing me - he's regressed to waking three or four times a night as well and taking ages to settle back to sleep each time. With a 22 month old, AND a husband away working for several weeks, I'm about to fall over.

I know the night times are probably lost for the moment while he has growth spurt etc but how how how do I extend the daytime naps?? Any advice would be most welcome....

PassTheCremeEggs Fri 14-Mar-14 13:18:48

(Kind of implicit in title but he's 17 weeks)

Monique2013 Fri 14-Mar-14 14:25:29

I am the same here, DS is 17 weeks. He use to sleep very well but now hardly sleeps for more an hour, he starts kicking about, rubbing his face and moving his head from side to side....just keep telling myself this too shall pass it's the only ways an keep sane.

PassTheCremeEggs Fri 14-Mar-14 14:47:30

It's awful isn't it? I don't really remember this with my first but I guess they're all different. He is starting to roll over - can get half way from back to front, I wonder if once he's done it properly he'll sleep better again! I know new things can sometimes disturb their sleep.

I just wish I could extent the naps. I can set my watch by him at the moment.

redcaryellowcar Fri 14-Mar-14 14:52:16

Ds1 was a poor napper i read no cry sleep solution, it was very helpful without being harsh, i think the way i eventually extended his naps beyond half an hour was to create sleep association with shhhh noise, so did gradual withdrawl at night using this then used to watch the monitor like hawk after 25-30 minutand sit outside husband room shhhh-ing until he went back to sleep. It gradually got better and now naps brilliantly l.

Lostinspace82 Fri 14-Mar-14 18:24:54

I could have written your post myself...minus the 22 month old but same situation as you otherwise...it's totally brutal at the moment...the only thing I can predict day or night is that my son will never sleep more than 45 minutes without help...during the day I let him nap on me so that he gets some sleep but nights are just a nightmare...I would be sobbing in the corner if I had a toddler as well...when is your dh home?

cakebaby Fri 14-Mar-14 18:39:27

Come on over to the asleep regression part 2 thread. We've all been there/still have regression hit DC, no answers but support and experience a plenty!

PassTheCremeEggs Fri 14-Mar-14 18:49:12

Lostinspace - he's home in 2.5 weeks. Been away for 4 already - it's killing me! It's comforting to know I'm not the only one with a horrible sleeper...

PassTheCremeEggs Fri 14-Mar-14 18:49:51

Cakebaby thanks will check that out sounds right up my street at the moment!

PassTheCremeEggs Fri 14-Mar-14 18:52:39

Redcar that sounds interesting. I've tried the wake to sleep thing where you try and gently wake them before the sleep cycle change so they go back to sleep again (explained very badly but I'm sure you know what I mean) but your thing is slightly different and sounds worth a try, thanks

PassTheCremeEggs Sat 15-Mar-14 18:34:44

Bumping for anyone else's advice??

DelBot123 Sun 16-Mar-14 02:17:45

I am in the same situation minus 22 mo. My hubby has been away for 2 months and my 4mo doesn't sleep. I've ordered no cry sleep solution after reading some v good reviews -im hoping it works. I wish I could give some advice. She sleeps on my knee to nap and we co sleep at night so we get some sleep in but not so easy if you've got a toddler! !! Good luck x

cakebaby Sun 16-Mar-14 08:34:11

Try this link for the sleep regression thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/sleep/2011025-SLEEP-REGRESSION-part-2-Roll-up-roll-up-folks-Swap-tales-of-woe-ideas-enjoy-solidarity-and-get-support-here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now