Talk

Advanced search

4 year old daughter having trouble sleeping

(6 Posts)
xlillyx1987 Wed 12-Mar-14 07:51:29

My 4 year old daughter always sleeps so well. You out her to bed and she sleeps straight through until 6:30-7am. For the last 4 nights she keeps waking and screaming but doesn't want comforting. I have tried everything for getting in her bed, getting in my bed, cuddles, getting a drink, shouting at her but nothing works. I'm really struggling now and at a total loss how to handle this as every time I hear her start to cry I want to run away rather than deal with the abuse she gives me and the screaming. She shares her bedroom with her 2 year old sister. Please help me

purpleminion Wed 12-Mar-14 07:54:39

Are you sure she is awake? Could be might terrors. I don't think shouting at her will help.

purpleminion Wed 12-Mar-14 07:55:08

Sorry, meant night terrors.

xlillyx1987 Wed 12-Mar-14 11:05:49

She is definitely awake when it happens. I'm dealing with night terrors with my other daughter. I know shouting does not help. I would like useful comments though as I'm stuck.

purpleminion Wed 12-Mar-14 16:38:43

Have you asked her about it the morning after? Can she explain what is going on?

Any recent upset? Is she in school? Anything going on there?

Is she aware of her sister's night terrors? Maybe she is copying her for extra attention.

xlillyx1987 Wed 12-Mar-14 16:50:25

I ask her and she says it's because she loves me so much. She attending a nursery and always has fun there nothing going on there as far as I'm aware. She is unaware of her sisters night terrors, because when she sleeps it's straight through it takes a lot to wake her. I didn't know if anyone has had the same sort of problem before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now