Talk

Advanced search

How do you do your bedtime routine for under 6m old

(11 Posts)
Hotmad Tue 11-Mar-14 22:35:53

Guidelines are to have all naps and sleeps in same room as parents so how do you do bedtime routine if baby then sleeps in tv room or wherever that is not the cot??

Gooseysgirl Tue 11-Mar-14 22:54:07

I don't follow the guidelines completely... DS (15 weeks) goes to bed in his cot in our room around 7.30pm, has dream feed at 10.30pm. Between 7.30-10.30pm he is on a monitor and we regularly check on him. There is too much light and noise in the kitchen/living room for him to sleep well. During the day if we're at home he also goes into his cot for naps and I regularly check on him. Up until about 10-12 weeks he was having daytime naps and evening sleep in the darkest part of the living room in the Moses basket with us tip-toeing around but once he outgrew the basket we moved him to the cot for naps. Did the similar when DD was that age.

Hotmad Thu 13-Mar-14 11:13:14

Anyone else?

plentyofsoap Thu 13-Mar-14 11:15:21

Dd 21 weeks sleeps on me til 9 ish then I take her up to bed with me.
She has a night feed 10 ish. She just fits in her basket still.

afrikat Thu 13-Mar-14 12:12:54

All day naps are with me in lounge. He sleeps ok with noise as long as its constant.
Up til 21 weeks we let him sleep in the lounge for the beginning part of the evening then took him to bed with us. For the last few weeks we have been putting him in his cot with monitor / checks from 7-10ish then transfer to our room for dream feed / put down in bednest (or co sleep more often!)

elliebe13 Thu 13-Mar-14 12:22:56

4 month old ds. Bath at 6.30/7 then in pajamas and sleeping bag and a little song while feeding to sleep. I feed him lying down in bed then slip away once he's asleep, joining him for subsequent feeds and when I'm ready for bed smile

keepitgoing Thu 13-Mar-14 12:45:54

4 months. bed upstairs at 7-8, with video monitor on. I go up at 9ish. she goes down much easier than when we had her downstairs with us.

naps are in buggy car or on me. sigh.

Mrswellyboot Thu 13-Mar-14 12:48:18

We have a baby chair that lies flat and we keep him downstairs with us until his dream feed and all go to bed at the same time

bigkidsdidit Thu 13-Mar-14 12:58:25

When ds2 was born ds1 was 2.4 ao I just did them both together. Bath both at 6.30, feed ds2 while ds1 played. Settle ds2 into sling in early days then basket later. Read to ds1 and put to bed. I'd then carry ds2's basket downstairs and put it in the sitting room with light dimmed till I went to bed.

ALittleFaith Sun 16-Mar-14 08:23:14

Until DD was 6mo and we did sleep training she would only nap in the sling/car/pushchair. I would feed to sleep and put her in the Moses basket or cot with the angel care monitor on and go into the living room for a bit (but we are in bungalow so not far from the bedroom).

Leonas Tue 18-Mar-14 21:53:45

My 3mo sleeps in her own room - too big for Moses basket, didn't want to co-sleep (DP works weird shifts so gets up/ comes to bed at odd times) - goes to bed between 10 and midnight, depending on her mood! Sleeps till between 8 and 10, depending on the time she goes to bed. Naps during the day are downstairs with me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now