Talk

Advanced search

help! 7mo won't have second nap for last 2 days!!

(6 Posts)
claremoss Tue 11-Mar-14 19:05:03

Hi,
My 7mo has not napped passed 11am on Monday and 1015am today!! I have tried putting her down at normal times for second naps but she becomes hysterical! She doesn't have good sleepy signals so it has always been guess work, but successfully so. Is this a phase?? I can't believe she has lasted till 7pm on a 45 minute nap this morning?!?!? I don't know what to do tomorrow? She has been tearful all day, but also happy at times, so has done well on no sleep! She is surely too young to be only having one nap though??

Slapperati Tue 11-Mar-14 19:07:30

Mine gave up a pm nap at 7 months and all napping at 12 month.s. It was hell, but nothing would induce her to sleep.

She was a brilliant sleeper at night though.

RedandChecker Tue 11-Mar-14 19:11:14

They go through so many phases this young - you think you've got a good routine going them they decide they want to mix things up. My DS did this at 9months and my HV was insisting it was fine but for DS it wasn't he wasn't coping on that one nap. After about a week or so of this he decided to nap again. Presuming you can, just go with the flow it can be hard when they are tired but try her for a nap whenever she seems knackered, she might take it back up again in a few days.

OhNoYouExpedidnt Tue 11-Mar-14 19:12:38

My DS gave up his second nap at about 7 months. He would sleep 10-11 and that's it.

He is 17months now and has just started 2 hour naps at about 11-1.

guineapig1 Tue 11-Mar-14 19:14:44

Same here as Slapperati, DS is now 15 months and doesn't nap at all...tbh we struggled with two naps from about 5 months, he always preferred one or none

Mrswellyboot Tue 11-Mar-14 19:21:49

Our six month old doesnt nap really at all. Maybe once for 20 mins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now