Talk

Advanced search

baby / cats / snoring / where to sleep?

(5 Posts)
charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Tue 11-Mar-14 16:35:05

Have also posted on Pets forum...

We have 2 cats, both 3 years old and have always been spoiled!

We had a baby last year and it has changed the logistics of where we sleep in the house.

My OH snores very loudly and I cannot sleep in the same room as him. I am such a light sleeper. He has been to the professionals about it, he cannot be operated on, and he was given a "mouth guard" to help with the snoring, but it hasnt helped. I cannot sleep in the same room as him.

I was sleeping in with DC, which was fine. But now he is getting bigger, it is better that he has his own room. He sleeps better and for longer when he is on his own in the room.

The only other place to sleep is in the sitting room, where the cat flap is located. We have both tried sleeping in the sitting room but are constantly disturbed by the coming and going of the cats.

Would it be cruel to lock the catflap at night so that we can both get a good night sleep? Its getting warmer now, so would it be so bad that they were locked out all night? We bought a little wooden cat house for them for this reason but they do not use it. I have tried locking them out one night but they spent the whole time banging their heads against the flap...keeping me awake!!

Any advice / tips?

shalalalalalalala Tue 11-Mar-14 16:39:32

I guess it depends where you live and your particular cats, but night time is when cats tend to hunt, get into fights etc. We've always kept our cats in overnight for that reason. Could you try locking them in the house (and out of the sitting room)?

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Tue 11-Mar-14 16:43:21

Hi Shalala

Have tried locking them in the house but then they howl and scratch the door to get out...

shalalalalalalala Wed 12-Mar-14 09:30:45

Awkward buggers, cats.

Can you just lock your OH in the garden? Problem solved. wink

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 12-Mar-14 09:34:57

Haha I have thought about that!

Actually someone made a suggestion on the other thread I had. Lock them in kitchen. It's perfect as there is a window which leads out to garden so they can come and go as they please. Will try it tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now