Talk

Advanced search

Help! 15 month old waking and not going back to sleep

(4 Posts)
NoraRobertsismyguiltypleasure Sun 09-Mar-14 20:38:04

My dd is 15 months old and for the last week she has been waking 2 or 3 hours after going to sleep (she goes to sleep on her own with me in the room) and then simply screams and cries, she will not go back to sleep unless I get into bed with her. I' m not against cosleeping except it completely does my back in and I wake every hour.
I think she is probably teething, but does anyone have any suggestions?

BotBotticelli Mon 10-Mar-14 16:26:15

DS is also 15mo and in the last week or two has cut 4 molars. He has also been waking up really upset at around 10pm after happily going to bed at 7pm.

We have been giving a cuddle, a dose of baby nurofen and then lying on the floor of his cot for 30 mins with a hand through the bars for him to cuddle I till he goes back to sleep.

NoraRobertsismyguiltypleasure Thu 13-Mar-14 10:01:13

Thank you - i guess it's a 'this too shall pass' situation! I can't see any teeth coming through, so I dread to think how much longer this is going to go on for!

kirdy Mon 17-Mar-14 13:15:39

My dd is the same she co slept with me from birth has been in her cot in her own room for a while now but every single night without fail she wakes and will scream until she comes in my bed where she drops straight off. I have tried rocking her bk to sleep or keep going in and out to try comfort her but nothing works I'm in need of a full nights sleep as when she does come in my bed she is lying literally all over me I'm just hoping she grows out it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now