Talk

Advanced search

gro clocks-did it work for you?

(12 Posts)
charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Sun 09-Mar-14 06:37:25

Hiya

my boy wakes up anything between 5 and 6 am. He's a great sleeper but nothing seems to work to get him to sleep later in the morning. Ideally 7 would be great!

I'm thinking of buying a gro clock. But not sure how it works and whether it will work with him.

Can anyone recommend it? Did it work for you?

I'm not by any means massively desperate at would love an extra hour in bed before work!

He is 19 months old.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

batteryhen Sun 09-Mar-14 06:45:46

I'm watching with interest as my boy is the same age. He usually wakes about 5.15 everyday. I thought he was still a bit young for a gro clock yet?
I would settle for anytime after 6am!!

iamaredsmartie Sun 09-Mar-14 06:50:41

Yes, at 2.5 yrs our Dd learned not to sleep on, but to play in her room until 6:30 on a morning. Worked for Dd2 as well, just don't have unrealistic thoughts of how long a 19 month will play by themselves. Waking later will come with age

PseudoBadger Sun 09-Mar-14 07:05:32

Not properly until after 3 years old

Finlaggan Sun 09-Mar-14 07:07:51

yes it did but DD was 3. I have an 18mo and there is no way it would work with him, he wouldn't understand the concept.

WhispersOfWickedness Sun 09-Mar-14 07:10:45

Ours worked, but DS was older (nearly four) when we got it. DD is 2.6 and I think she would be able to grasp it.

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Sun 09-Mar-14 13:47:22

Thanks for the replies. So the general feeling is that he's a bit young. I thought as much. Looks like I'll just have to wait.

If anyone has any other tips or advice about how on earth I can get him to sleep in I'd appreciate it! I've tried later bedtime, toys in cot. X

pcbmc00 Sun 09-Mar-14 13:51:43

I got this for my dd she was about 2 and a half and it worked a dream and still does she "reads" plays in her room until the sun comes up very successful purchase. She is such an early riser I used it in conjunction with star chart if she stayed in bed.

FlyingGoose Sun 09-Mar-14 13:58:29

Worked brilliantly with the dts, they were 18 months when I bought it. Took about a week. I thought they were a bit young but decided to try it anyway. It used to be 5am wake up, but now it's about eight. Instead of screaming to get up they play and babble at one another. Saved my sanity.

MrsHerculePoirot Sun 09-Mar-14 13:59:27

We bought one for DD for her second birthday. She was in a bed by this point so we taught her she could get up and play in her room, but she couldn't wake us up until the sun was shining. We put it on at her usual waking time to start and the put it back by 15 minutes every so often until it got to the time we wanted!

Meglet Sun 09-Mar-14 14:01:01

No. Used it from 3-4 with DS. He learnt how to unlock, re-set it and make the sun rise straight away. Reward charts didn't help either.

I so wanted it to work sad. It's beautiful little gadget.

Purplehonesty Sun 09-Mar-14 14:05:11

No not at all and at 4.5 we bought a digital alarm clock which has had slightly better results...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now