Talk

Advanced search

6.5mo 3+ night wakings for food help!!

(3 Posts)
poocatcherchampion Sat 08-Mar-14 09:43:30

Ive had enough of my little ones sleeping pattern and we need to make changes.

she is 6 and half months and a decent weight. (not weighed for ages tbh). she has just been diagnosed with posterior tongue tie and upper lie tie which will will probably have revised. I am not sure if we should wait for the revision before trying something re sleep.

she shares a room with her sister who is 2. there are other rooms available but all further away. also a cot in our room.

problem is she wakes every night at 11, 3 and 6 for a feed. occasionally only 2 times. the first waking is the hardest as I am normally just dropping off. after 6am I generally dont get back to sleep so my sleeping time is 12-6 with a half an hour wake in the middle. she often has pooed at 3-4am too.

the only thing I can think of it waking her at 9.30-10 when I'd like to go to bed. but I worry she will just wake next at 1 ish.

she does seem hungry and eats quite a bit. the tongue ties are relevant as I cannot be sure she is filling up enough. she has slep through 4 times. in a row a few weeks ago.

has anyone got suggestions?

poocatcherchampion Sat 08-Mar-14 14:05:58

oh no! no replies.. anyone out there?

YokoUhOh Sat 08-Mar-14 14:11:49

Hi there, a much more qualified person will be along in a bit, but DS is 16 months and still wakes for a feed or two. We co-sleep and I think the sucking comforts him. 6 months is still tiny, and things do gradually change over the next few months, but my view is that babies need their mums during the night, even if just for a cuddle. You could try the No Cry Sleep Solution or Dr Jay Fordon, but I think a lot of the methods are designed for older babies. Good luck and enjoy your little one smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now