Talk

Advanced search

8 year old daughter just started sleepwalking.

(5 Posts)
MCDL Sat 08-Mar-14 08:15:02

Hi, my almost 8 year old daughter has started to sleepwalk about an hour or two after she goes to bed. She comes down to the living room in fast motion but can be very easily shown back to bed. Any advice. ?

BuzzardBird Sat 08-Mar-14 08:20:05

My 7 yr old does it and I can only say that you make sure she can't come to any harm or leave the house (which I used to do as a child). If you know when she is going to do it you could gently wake her before, but that might just make her walk later when you are not up, which is what dd does (hence, you never sleep ever again). It is harmless and will pass though. Has she had any major changes in her life? We moved house and she has started to settle down now.

MCDL Sat 08-Mar-14 08:24:21

Hi, no changes, I have asked her is anything bothering her at school and all is great there. Her older cousin nearly 10 is watching eastenders and she has insisted watching it. I have let her as watch it myself but with all the stuff in it I am inclined to not allow it any anymore. Perhaps there is a link to the sleep walking. ?

AuditAngel Sat 08-Mar-14 09:07:16

My DD1 also sleepwalks, but irregularly so it can't be predicted.we just tend to help her back to bed, or if it what she wants, come to us for a cuddle then put her to bed once settled. (We won't be able to do this much longer as she's getting too heavy to carry.

MCDL Sat 08-Mar-14 09:14:15

Hi auditangel. How old is she . ? We cannot carry our almost 8 year old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now