Talk

Advanced search

Woombie advice please

(6 Posts)
missmargot Sat 08-Mar-14 07:53:50

DS is 8 weeks and is just growing out of his Swaddlepod. I tried to swaddle him in a Gro Swaddle last night but it wasn't tight enough for him and he was unsettled. Annoyingly Swaddlepod only comes in newborn size so it looks like my only option is a Woombie.

He currently weighs almost 11lb and their first size goes up to 13lb. They are three times the price of the Swaddlepod and I want to buy two in case of leaking nappies etc at night but I don't want to waste money on something he could be out of in a few weeks.

Can anyone tell me how snugly they fit? If I buy him the next size up now will it swaddle him effectively or is it likely to be too lose? I was thinking of trying the Houdini which is supposed to be a tighter swaddle.

whereisshe Sat 08-Mar-14 07:56:25

Can you just switch to swaddling in a large muslin? That's why I do, then put DD's one tog sleeping bag over it. Works fine.

missmargot Sat 08-Mar-14 08:00:22

We've tried but because he is so used to the Swaddlepod he wasn't settling being swaddled with blankets, muslins etc. He is a little escape artist so the zip in swaddle works best for him. He has been sleeping so well recently and I don't want to start going backwards when we've found something that works for him.

Hamnvik Sat 08-Mar-14 08:58:13

Buy them on ebay! I got two for about £7 each a few months ago. I think if you want it to be tight you are better off going for a smaller size.

missmargot Sat 08-Mar-14 09:08:02

I'm watching one on eBay that finishes tomorrow, it's the only one on there at a decent price at the moment but fingers crossed more will come along.

FrumiousBandersnatch Sat 08-Mar-14 09:15:19

Woombies come up really small IMO. We were given one as a gift in the first size but dd looked so uncomfortable in it that I took her straight out and swaddled her in a muslin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now