Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7 month old wont nap I'm daytime!

(9 Posts)
Yazzoo8 Fri 07-Mar-14 08:25:52

I'm having a tough time with my LO - she's 7 months old and I'm due to go back to work in a month. She sleeps really well at night in her own room but during the day she will not nap without someone rocking her to sleep. She gets very upset when she's tired bit just will not fall asleep by herself.

We've attempted the controlled crying which I couldn't cope with, I tried to be strong but after a week I couldn't stand it. Does anyone else have a similar problem or any suggestions.?

I just feel I'll never be able to get out the door to work if I have to spend 30 minutes getting LO to sleep for her first nap! Really stressed sad

sparkle101 Fri 07-Mar-14 20:03:27

This sounds exactly like my ds! He is just far too interested in the day to day going ons to nap and then gets himself overtired.

I'm due back to work at the end of the month and have been trying to work out with nursery strategies to get him to sleep but it is very much trial and error. He mostly sleeps for 20 minutes on someone. He still sleeps well at night.

What I'm basically saying is I have no clues to help but just wanted you to know you're not alone.

StarsAbove Fri 07-Mar-14 20:14:18

This is my biggest fear about DD starting nursery! She will only sleep in bed with me. Who will be looking after your DD, could they rock her in a buggy?
Also I think there is a window of opportunity for getting them to sleep and if you miss it you have to wait for the next window - could you try to start the nap a bit earlier and see if it helps if she isn't quite tired yet?

Yazzoo8 Sat 08-Mar-14 05:58:30

She's going to be with my mum part of the week so it's not too much of a problem if she has to walk her or rock her bit she'll be with a childminder for 2 days an she will have at least 2 other children at the same time. I've already discussed it with her and she's keeps saying oh it'll be OK.

I'm just so worried that if everyone ends up doing different things that she'll be confused and get worse! I just don't know what to try next. If I didn't have to go back to work I could probably just keep trying different things.

StarsAbove Sat 08-Mar-14 08:37:20

I don't think it would matter if you all use different methods to get her to sleep, it will be good to have a variety of options. The nursery told me the sleep will be fine too - I think we will just have to trust them that they have experience with loads of kids and know what they are doing, and can't just let them cry. They also said that the babies will copy each other with sleeping, feeding etc so I'm hoping they will be a good influence on DD! Try not to worry (easier said than done I know!), just enjoy the time you have left on mat leave.

Yazzoo8 Sat 08-Mar-14 08:49:59

Thank you! I know I should trust the professionals smile hopefully once my LO is crawling properly as well she'll exhaust herself a bit more too. They have to learn somehow and sometime to sleep when they're tired! And I think I have to learn to trust it'll work out.
I know it's hard especially with your first as you have no clue what's" normal" an I'm pretty sure there's no such thing!
I will certainly try and enjoy my last month on mat leave smile

claremoss Sat 08-Mar-14 09:52:31

I would definitely not worry about nursery. Apparently they can make our kids do all sorts of things that we can't! Eat, sleep, nap properly, etc etc! I was worried about the same thing but as it approaches I am now more interested in how they are going to get her to nap in a cot, as she will only nap in her buggy. I bet they do it first go!! I can get tips!

Glamdazzlegirl Mon 10-Mar-14 22:01:32

Hi everyone,

I'm a first time Mum and my LO is 7.5months. I've had a routine of quiet time - bath - massage - milk - sleep in place since about 12 weeks. She's only slept from 7-7 a handful of times. Mainly she wakes up around 2-3 times a night. I do a dream feed around 11pm. She no longer has a feed in the night and I can settle her back into her cot. I have bought into my bed at times too.

I've been looking at approaches like Jo Tantum - anyone got any experience of this? Is it too late to do a new routine at this age? Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks, Lucy xx

Glamdazzlegirl Mon 10-Mar-14 22:03:42

Sorry I didn't realise I was posting that onto a post! Didn't mean to intrude!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now