Talk

Advanced search

Calling parents of children 5+...

(5 Posts)
Spiderwithoneeye Thu 06-Mar-14 06:53:18

Can anyone out there reassure me that one day (maybe soon) I will be able to pretty much rely on an uninterrupted night??

I have DD5 who wakes at 5am and DS2 who wakes several times a night, then at 5am when a huge tantrum ensues.

Work full time.

Spiritually zapped.

Spiderwithoneeye Thu 06-Mar-14 06:54:19

Just a glimmer of hope for the future...anything..smile

ilovepowerhoop Thu 06-Mar-14 06:59:12

Dd(10) has an alarm to wake her up on school days but will sleep in until at least 8am or later at weekends. Ds(7) is normally up by 7am with the occasional lie in. He sometimes has a bad dream in the night but not very often.

They have digital clocks in their rooms and from the age of 3/4years were told not to cone through until it says 7:00 unless for the toilet/bad dream/feeling ill, etc

fluffandnonsense Mon 10-Mar-14 03:04:00

My son (aged 5) has slept through the night consistently unless ill from around 8 months. My daughter did from around a year. My 8 week old daughter on the other hand is killing me off at night!! wink

mill3003 Wed 19-Mar-14 18:07:27

My 7 year old is getting better, but still creeps into our bed a couple of times a week, but my 5 year old is a nightmare! Almost every night she comes in, & because I am on tonnes of medication for long term health issues (I have fibromyalgia & suffer from chronic fatigue) I don't usually wake up, which makes it harder to sort out really! Hubby is an artic driver, so desperately needs his sleep, which means instead of risking a fight that could go on for hours (previous attempts at sorting during time off work, believe me, she is 1 seriously stubborn kid!)he usually just gets up & sleeps in her room!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now