Talk

Advanced search

11 month old waking all evening

(6 Posts)
hopingforsleep Tue 04-Mar-14 23:50:16

DS falls asleep in his cot with some patting on the back about 7.30/8 and will then wake up repeatedly (6 times so far tonight) until some time between 11 and 1 when I give up and he comes in with us and then might sleep for between 3 and 5 hours at a stretch. When he wakes in the evening he can't self settle, sometimes just needs a pat on the back, other times a cuddle, other times he gets really upset and takes half an hour or so to calm down. He gets up for the day about 7.30. He feeds once or twice overnight. Occasionally he surprises us and does a long stretch straight away (7 hours once, 5 another time).

During the day he will only feed to sleep or will sometimes fall asleep in the pushchair. He usually naps for 45mins to an hour at 10.30ish and then if we're lucky about the same at 2.30ish. He's a big boy (98th centile for weight) and is hit and miss with how much he eats.

I don't want to do CC or CIO with him as seeing how distraught and worked up he can get I don't think it would work for him and I don't think I could cope!

Anyone had similar problems and found any techniques that helped?

hopingforsleep Wed 05-Mar-14 19:33:24

Bump

SharonCurley Wed 05-Mar-14 19:45:07

Nope but just to let u know I am in exactly the same boat

hopingforsleep Thu 06-Mar-14 09:32:35

I decided not to let him into our bed last night and camped on his floor to deal with the wake ups. He woke 21 times between 8 and 6.30, no sleep longer than an hour and 10! Going to persevere tonight and hope he starts to learn

Muminneed60 Thu 06-Mar-14 12:36:49

No answers but I empathise with you. Keep at it.

hopingforsleep Thu 06-Mar-14 12:41:01

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now