Talk

Advanced search

3 month old having trouble napping

(1 Post)
mfb86 Tue 04-Mar-14 15:31:59

I was wondering if anyone could help me with establishing a good nap method for my 3 month old son.

He has never slept in the day. As a newborn he was so alert and some days awake for ten hours regardless of our attempts.

At around two months he was content sleeping in a carrier or in the car but that's not giving him the good quality sleep that he needs.

We've been following the Eat, Wake, Sleep routine with shush pat to try and get him down for two weeks now. We're making sure we're watching for his tired cues and giving him a relaxed wind down.

The results are really inconsistent. For example he'll cry for twenty minutes and sleep for an hour or he'll cry for 5, sleep for 15. Occasionally he'll cry so he misses the whole nap period. We don't leave him whilst he cries. We never really know what we're going to get.

The strange thing is that at night he will sleep with no issues going down after a feed.

Does anyone have any experience with troublesome naps? We're really struggling as he gets so unhappy unless he sleeps during the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now