Talk

Advanced search

nearly 4 yr old who gets up 4-5 times a night help!!

(5 Posts)
LucyB1976 Tue 04-Mar-14 13:23:01

Hi has any one got any advise tips etc. My daughter who will be 4 in June after sleeping reasonably well till the beginning of Jan has started up waking 4 plus times a night and just appears in our bedroom every night (except one she slept through on last sunday!!) She is a particularly restless sleeper so we have been taking her back off to bed, she will go back to sleep on her own but then appears an hour or two later! I have bought her a night light, thicker duvet when asked it is sometimes a bad dream, sometimes scared of the dark, the wind wakes me any number of excuses to get into our bed. Has anyone got any bright ideas we have an 20 month old that sleeps like a dream and my husband and i take it in turns to sleep in the spare room to get a fullish nights sleep any advice would be welcome

ChoudeBruxelles Tue 04-Mar-14 13:29:28

No real tips but I would be trying bribery

surromummy Tue 04-Mar-14 13:30:26

How much sleep is she having? does she sleep in the day? are you totally consistent with taking her back to bed or are there times when you relent and just let her sleep with you?

LucyB1976 Tue 04-Mar-14 13:38:13

she generally has no sleep in the day, the last 10 days i have tried to be consistent in taking her back to bed though we both work so sometimes we have let her stay out of desperation especially if my husband is away! she is generally very tired and naggy

LucyB1976 Tue 04-Mar-14 13:39:25

bribary works for me, we discuss potential treats if she sleeps during the day and at bed time but all is forgotten in the dead of night! we are keeping on trying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now