Talk

Advanced search

Please Recommend a Sleep Course for Under 6 months old with Reflux Problems

(4 Posts)
shil1625 Tue 04-Mar-14 00:56:04

Hi All
I am a new Mum with a 2 month old who cannot sleep on his back due to acid reflux: vomiting, wind at both ends/colic, upset stomach. Poor thing cries and cries when left alone and this makes the colic/reflux symptoms worse.

It's slowly heading in the direction of him only feeling safe sleeping on one of us. I am happy to wake up for feeds but the problem is he will stay up for hours crying if we leave him (sleeping upright in a car seat or chair) after a feed; and none of us get any sleep.

Can you recommend any sleep courses or interventions for these issues for babies under 6 months? Apparently they don't recommend sleep training for babies under 6 months but some alternative advice would be most welcome.

Thanks for your help

Esther

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 04-Mar-14 21:20:54

Really sorry but no reputable sleep trainer should accept a 2 month old with medical issues but don't worry, there is some help.

Firstly, has he been checked for tongue tie? My DS was just like yours and it turned out to be tt. Worth getting him checked.

Have you read this on reflux too smile

stargirl1701 Tue 04-Mar-14 21:25:21

What meds have you got from the GP? DD didn't sleep until we got her medication right. At 5 months she slept approx 3 hours in 24. Not consecutively.

You need to survive this. That is your only objective. I found DD slept if moving but I became to exhausted to drive so we rode the bus. She was on her pram and I took a pillow. I choose circular bus journeys that lasted approx 1 hour.

shil1625 Sun 09-Mar-14 09:53:45

Thanks so much both of you. The link on reflux was really helpful and unfortunately we did find out that DS has an underlying medical condition on Thursday (so that's why I'm only just able to reply now). So thank you both very much. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now