Talk

Advanced search

Age to put toddler in mid sleeper...

(4 Posts)
BlueberryPoppy123 Mon 03-Mar-14 23:46:50

I'm 8 weeks pregnant tomorrow and have an almost 2yo son... His room is fully kitted out as a nursery. Anyway he still sleeps in cotbed ATM but for his birthday we were going to decorate our spare room for him to play in and then once the baby reaches 6months he can move rooms from nursery to big boys room... However, me and dp have been discussing getting a mid sleeper as spare room is a restricted space wise. They have a guidance for 6years plus but was wondering what others thought he'd be almost 3 by the time he went in it, are they easy to fall from. He can be a bit of a wriggler, we need to take sides off his cot really to get him used to a bed... But would like ideas on this too

KnickersOnOnesHead Mon 03-Mar-14 23:52:10

I put ds in one at 4. He fell over the top of it and smashed his head open on the radiator sad But he didn't roll out of it in his sleep, so in that sense they are safe I guess.

exexpat Tue 04-Mar-14 00:01:50

DD had one from just-turned-4 and was fine - she was a good climber but fairly cautious - but I can see the potential for accidents is there with children that small. I think under 3 is really too young to get up and down by himself, possibly in the middle of the night.

poocatcherchampion Sat 08-Mar-14 20:47:00

how about just a mattress until he is a bit older?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now