Talk

Advanced search

Toddler- time to drop the last nap?

(4 Posts)
TerrifiedMothertobe Mon 03-Mar-14 12:20:44

He's 29 months and has always been amazing at going to bed, but been an early waker for some time, we did try to drop daytime nap but he died by 4pm. We have shortened now to 1 hr and he wa ok for a bit but now back to 5am. Time to drop the nap?

Misty9 Tue 04-Mar-14 21:08:27

My friend's little boy is an early riser and she says when he doesn't nap, he does sleep later. But I think it's a risk. Our ds is 30 months (haven't worked it out in months for ages!) and seems to be dropping his nap, in that he'll go the whole day without wanting to sleep more often than not. He does get very sleepy but refuses nap and is in bed by 6.30pm. But he will still drop off in his pushchair or in the car, so I'm not convinced it's gone for good more like praying it hasn't given dc2is due in weeks!

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Tue 04-Mar-14 21:12:52

How about napping 3-4 times a week instead of every day? Does he go to nursery? If he does, those afternoons would probably be the days he would most likely nap.

TerrifiedMothertobe Wed 05-Mar-14 13:20:08

Thanks ladies. He is nursery 4 days and naps then- we thought we am try dropping them at weekends and see. I usually limit to an hour when he sleep, but like ti day, ds2 is feeding so he's hone over the hr.... Oh the peace ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now