Talk

Advanced search

I think the toddler is trying to kill me...

(10 Posts)
GingerRodgers Mon 03-Mar-14 08:21:22

Dd is 21mo and has always been an ok sleeper but in the last month I suspect I've done some wrong by her and she is now taking her revenge hmm

She goes to bed at 7.30 and falls asleep well.

Wakes at 1ish and lays there crying until I come in and shush her. Falls asleep quickly.

Wakes at 5ish and lays fake crying (it's not a proper cry, I can tell she has to put energy into doing it) until I go in. She then needs me to lay with her until she drops off again.

It's the 5am wake that's killing me. I can't get back to sleep after this and being 12 weeks pregnant I am running out of energy quickly.

I just don't know what to do so any advice welcome as I'm close to throwing her out the window (kidding).

GingerRodgers Mon 03-Mar-14 08:22:26

She has a nap in the day about 12ish which was 2 hours but has dropped to 1 hour this last week.

She's in a terrible mood as it's obviously affecting her too.

Going to try an earlier bed time tonight.

Lagoonablue Mon 03-Mar-14 08:25:56

It's getting lighter in the morning. Both my kids woke for a 5am start from an early age.

GingerRodgers Mon 03-Mar-14 08:38:38

Really? Maybe blackout blinds then? It's not even light when I go into her though confused

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 03-Mar-14 08:41:30

Is your boiler kicking in and waking her perhaps? U could adjust timings

GingerRodgers Mon 03-Mar-14 08:48:24

No it's in the attic and doesn't come on at that time.
Can't think of any other noises that could be waking her.

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 03-Mar-14 09:04:10

Neighbours? Birds?

Mice in loft?

Creaky pipes/floor boards

KatAndKit Mon 03-Mar-14 09:07:34

Could she be teething? I find administering nurofen at the 1am wake up makes things ok for the rest of the night.
Since you are pregnant any chance your other half can take his turns with the 5am wake up? That might make it more survivable for you. Make sure you get to bed nice and early.

GingerRodgers Mon 03-Mar-14 09:12:19

I did wonder about neighbours car maybe. Just never heard it myself.

Will try meds at 1am waking as she is getting her back molars.

As a SAHM I do all night wakings so no option of dh doing it. Plus it would still wake me anyway so I may as well do it.

Misty9 Tue 04-Mar-14 21:11:44

Our 2.5yo went through a period of waking at 5ish...thankfully short lived. Tbh, his sleep has been pants since going into a bed at 22mo, but it doesn't help that we're not always consistent with rapid return dh loves the cuddles too much

I'm a sahm too, but at 35 weeks pregnant dh has been doing all bedtimes and night wakings for weeks now. Get your dh in practice now if I were you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now