Talk

Advanced search

Clingy stage? Teething? Regression? All of the above?!!!

(7 Posts)
LindsayS79 Wed 26-Feb-14 21:49:47

Hi all
DD is almost 8 months. She's always been great at sleeping at night. Not so good for naps - usually 3 or 4 x 30mins a day. She's always self settled within 10 mins, although I do have to use a dummy, but take it out after 5 mins.
Anyway, the past 3 nights have been a nightmare. The minute I put her down she starts kicking and throwing her arms about. She cries, even with the dummy. I know she's teething, but it's not made her cranky in the day. In fact, she's been in a great mood the past few days!!
She's becoming a bit cling - crying if I leave the room during the day. I'm a bit confused as to how she can change so much in the space of one night! It took 1.5 hrs to settle her tonight. Does anyone have any ideas if this is normal at this age? She's very clever and a bit fly, so I don't want this to turn into a nightmare every night!

Blueberry75 Thu 27-Feb-14 08:28:48

My DS is nearly 8 months too and also going through extra clingy stage. He's never been a good sleeper though. I'm putting it down to a mix of separation anxiety (realising you can leave them but still exist) and Wonder Week 37 which starts about this age. It's all developmental! Google Wonder Weeks if you haven't heard of them before.

LindsayS79 Thu 27-Feb-14 09:10:34

Oh dear! Looks like this period is going to be a LOT of fun!!!

mrsspagbol Thu 27-Feb-14 10:26:55

Btw teething pain is worse at night

Blueberry75 Thu 27-Feb-14 15:49:37

Yes Lindsay, lots of fun in that I spent an hour trying to get DS to nap this morning but he flatly refused, resulting in a very overtired, wired baby that still insists on being entertained every second! Grump one minute, happy the next. Is exhausting but won't last forever, hang in there. Maybe try teething gel in case it is your little one's teeth?

Lollypop1983 Thu 27-Feb-14 15:53:25

When this happened with our LO, after two nights I had to do something, so we patted and shushed. 1st night took 40 mins, 2nd took 10. By the end of the week, he didn't even whimper.

Now my issue is night weaning...but that's a different story!

LindsayS79 Fri 28-Feb-14 12:59:59

Oh I'm having the same nap issues! Point blank refusing even though she's shattered!
I've actually found that shushing her helps so at least that's something. Hopefully can work on shortening it! Can't believe how things can change so much in one night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now