Talk

Advanced search

Daytime naps

(4 Posts)
Mamamia13 Wed 26-Feb-14 15:10:58

How many day time naps should my baby be having? (10 Weeks old) Should I routinely make her have a nap? Currently she hardly sleeps in the day unless we go out in the car or out for a walk with the pram. She will go to sleep if she is tired and rocked to sleep for long enough but won't go to sleep on her own. At night she sleeps without any problem and doesn't need soothing.

Chickz Wed 26-Feb-14 17:57:23

I think they are supposed to sleep after being awake for 2 hours.
After my dd was 6 weeks she hardly napped. So then I had to watch for tired signs and then put her down. I started to out her down upstairs so she wasn't getting disturbed. Some times it worked and she fell asleep. Other times not (and it sometimes still doesn't work and she's 4 months) so I had to take her for walks to get her naps in. Good luck!

Mamamia13 Wed 26-Feb-14 18:03:05

I can tell when she is getting tired and put her in her Moses basket and rock her to sleep but she only sleeps for about half an hour on average. She isn't really being woken up by anything...

Tabby33 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:02:07

I have the same concerns. My little boy naps for about 15-30 mins and it takes me a while to get him to do that! So if someone has some great advise I am all ears. I am worried he is not sleeping enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now