Talk

Advanced search

Raising the mattress on Moses basket for reflux baby

(8 Posts)
flowerpotgirl12 Tue 25-Feb-14 21:57:41

Hi, just wondering how to raise the Moses basket head end, my Hv suggested a blanket but concerned it's not safe as he could roll and get trapped down the side, so how did people safely raise theirs?

andadietcoke Tue 25-Feb-14 21:58:32

You could put something under the stand legs rather than it be under the mattress if that makes sense?

OddFodd Tue 25-Feb-14 21:58:55

Stand it on a phone directory/couple of books

flowerpotgirl12 Tue 25-Feb-14 22:00:29

I've tried that but doesn't seem to raise it enough and if I put it to high it becomes unstable as a rocker base.

annabelcaramel Tue 25-Feb-14 22:04:32

Towel folded under mattress

Snicci Wed 26-Feb-14 00:05:14

My DD has reflux and was diagnosed early, around 5-6 wks. She's now 5 mnts. I would advise that u fold a couple of towels and put them between the Moses basket and the stand, rather than under the mattress or under the stand. If under the stand it poses an uneven surface for the stand which could topple over easier and under the mattress I was told can make babies head/chest angle too much and cause restriction in airways.

Dd also had Laryngomalacia which was frightening as she would gasp for air but thankfully has outgrown it.

How old is your DC? I was prescribed gaviscon infant sachets for my DD and they have been a godsend. Before she was projectile vomiting everywhere, struggling to feed, getting really bad stomach pains and unsettled and after using the gaviscon she was like a different baby straight away. She's getting to the point of almost not needing them anymore. It's hard having a baby suffering from reflux, hope they outgrow it soon sad

emmak8383 Wed 26-Feb-14 21:02:21

We put a sofa cushion under the basket but on the stand so nothing is in the basket and it is tilting the whole basket not just one end. Basically in between the basket and the stand. Does that make sense?

MamaPingu Wed 26-Feb-14 21:59:28

I folded up a towel and propped the Moses basket up under the stand with it, it was a rocking one too but it sat just nice in the towel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now