Talk

Advanced search

new low, posting from my position crying on DD's floor

(8 Posts)
Helsbelscm Tue 25-Feb-14 20:03:20

DD is 14 months. Her sleep had been rubbish, but for the last 2 months she had in general been going off to sleep by herself in her own room & sleeping through the night. In the last two weeks it has all gone wrong. She wakes multiple times in the night. She was settling really well fir DH but now only I will do. She won't go off to sleep at bedtime. She screamed for about 20mins when I put her in her cot tonight. She has now cheered up but instead of sleeping is roaming around her cot playing with her bedtime bunny & chunnering. She keeps on waking at 5:30 and screaming her head off.
I feel like I am losing it. Its not so much the lack of sleep, its been worse. Its that I don't know how to help her as she obviously isn't happy with the not sleeping. I don't mind getting up to her if I can sort/comfort her but she is often screaming & trying to throw herself out of my arms. She also keeps being properly awake at random times which she hasn't done for ages. DH says I am pandering to her too much, but i dont know what else to do.

stargirl1701 Tue 25-Feb-14 20:05:05

Teething? Ill? Have you tried paracetamol or ibuprofen?

3littlefrogs Tue 25-Feb-14 20:11:22

First, get her ears checked. An ear infection or just blocked ears is agonising for a small child and is made ten times worse by being horizontal.
Does she have a nap during the day? Generally too little day time sleep = bad night time sleep.
Could she be too hot/cold/hungry/thirsty?

I would really recommend a little book by Jo Douglas and Naomi Richman called "my child won't sleep". It saved me. It was published back in the eighties, but it was easy to read and full of really helpful advice. Have a look on amazon.

Helsbelscm Tue 25-Feb-14 20:11:52

Tried both but no better. Teeth could still be part of it but it doesn't really make sense in terms of her previous teething behaviour (especially the not settling for DH bit).

3littlefrogs Tue 25-Feb-14 20:12:44

The back teeth tend to cause more ear pain than the front ones.

stargirl1701 Tue 25-Feb-14 20:31:17

Teething pain can be worse when lying down so sleep is more interrupted.

Co-sleeping?

Helsbelscm Tue 25-Feb-14 20:52:25

I am fine with co-sleeping, but when I brought her into our bed last night there wasn't any sleeping happening, she woke up & started crawling on my head. I slept on her bedroom floor which seemed to help, but wasn't exactly comfy.

stargirl1701 Wed 26-Feb-14 13:03:35

Air mattress on her floor?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now