Talk

Advanced search

3 week old ... Awake in the day

(2 Posts)
Doodle1983 Tue 25-Feb-14 15:29:08

When My 3wo DS during the day we talk to him, play with him and fuss him etc my thought behind this was so he would learn night and day. I read somewhere that newborns aren't supposed to be awake for more than 2 hours at a time..'is this right? My mum says little babies shouldn't sleep all the time and we shouldn't be encouraging him to be awake. The only thing I'm thinking is sometimes he wants a feed quicker than he would if he was asleep but it's hardly a problem feeding him after 2 hours instead of three..

What does everyone else find the best? Tar x

DelBot123 Tue 25-Feb-14 19:50:12

I just let my daughter do what she wanted re:sleep when she was a newborn. You're right to keep the day bright and noisy (radio on, talking etc). I didn't try and keep her awake though and she figured it out by 5 weeks -ish. Newborns do sleep lots in the day, they need it. They pretty much feed all the time too. Just be guided by your baby and it'll fall into place. Congratulations and enjoy xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now