Talk

Advanced search

Night-weaning

(9 Posts)
Lollypop1983 Mon 24-Feb-14 13:21:54

I'm really lucky in that my 10mo sleeps almost through the night. He wakes once, about 4/5am for a bottle. He used to go through the night, 6pm-6am.

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for night weaning? I'm 6 months pregnant and I would love for my LO to be sleeping through before new baby arrives. Anyone got any top/advice?

Lollypop1983 Thu 27-Feb-14 08:16:25

Bump

SillyBlueHat Thu 27-Feb-14 08:57:49

Send DP in with water?

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Thu 27-Feb-14 09:24:49

How much does he take when he wakes up?

I reduced 2 ozs at a time, 3 nights at a time. The last night, I offered water and then left him to cry for 15 minutes. He never woke up for milk again (teething and illness however...)

Lollypop1983 Thu 27-Feb-14 14:02:00

O,reducing sounds like a plan.

I think this issue is, he naps only once a day, approx 10-12. By the time 6pm comes, he is shattered and doesn't finish his bedtime bottle....he takes about half. I think if he finished it he would sleep through.

I can't get him to nap in the afternoon. It's after 4 by the time he shows any sign of tiring. Too late for a nap.

I tried settling without a bottle last night, but he got soooo hysterical! When I did give him it, he gulped it down, wee soul!

ilovepowerhoop Thu 27-Feb-14 14:05:23

If he only naps once then I would work on making the morning nap a bit later than 10am. You could extend the awake time by 15 minutes or so every few days so that the nap eventually ends up after lunch and then he should be able to last a wee bit later in the afternoon.

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Thu 27-Feb-14 17:49:51

Have you tried to put him down for a nap even though he doesn't look tired? He might just hide it well.

Lollypop1983 Thu 27-Feb-14 18:48:26

Yeah, have been trying that. Cue lots of crying hysterically. I try to keep him in his cot for a good half hour I case he will go, but no.

Ni don't leave him to cry, but he doesn't like a nap sad

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Thu 27-Feb-14 19:42:15

Little tyke! Hopefully the clocks will change in your favour at the end of March and you can get Onto 7-7 routine with an 11-1 sleep. This pushes back as they get older too. Ds is 20 mts and can wait until 2.30 ish for his nap if need be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now