Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

28 month old won't go to sleep

(3 Posts)
atomo Sun 23-Feb-14 20:58:08

Any advice greatly appreciated! My dd has decided that at bedtime it is much better to play than to sleep. We put her down at around 7 with warm milk and stories. She gets into bed but gets out pretty much straight away and then plays in her room for a good few hours. We have a camera monitor so can watch her and are not overly concerned about her safety. She occasionally comes out of her room, but not normally as she knows we will shut the door. This happens even if she only has a half hour nap during the day. We don't want to keep her up later and are considering getting her up earlier instead. Currently we have to wake her up at about 7 (except at weekends when she get up early) any suggestions please!!!

Nareno Mon 24-Feb-14 07:53:39

Maybe shes more naturally a night owl? If shes happy playing by hrrself, and you get a break, perhaps just see what happens...?

YourDaughterHasaTattoo Mon 24-Feb-14 21:57:11

DS went through the same at a similar age. We'd do his usual bedtime routine, but then he'd lie in bed singing songs, playing with toys etc. until gone 10pm. There were times when we were asleep before him! He never got out of bed though; just played with what was to hand. I don't remember how long it went on for, but it was at least a few months. It never affected his get up time, that was always 6.30am hmm. Eventually he just slipped back to going to sleep after a few minutes of play rather than hours! I wouldn't worry; if your LO is happy during the day and isn't getting upset at night, just let her settle herself off! She'll sort her own schedule eventually

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now