Talk

Advanced search

4.5 year old won't stay in bed. Help please

(8 Posts)
Snugglesrock Sun 23-Feb-14 06:45:33

Arghhhh

My gorgeously usually amazing sleeper has decided from nowhere to get up 6 times last night and try to sleep with me. She has a hacking cough which I know has been waking her but she has never done this before. Even with a cough.

Any ideas of how to tackle this with this age of child?

HaymitchAbarnathy Sun 23-Feb-14 06:54:32

I would probably just let her sleep in with me while she's ill and sort staying in bed once she's better.

Snugglesrock Sun 23-Feb-14 12:04:32

Thanks. Anyone else any advice?

DewClawDisaster Sun 23-Feb-14 12:08:33

I would give her the comfort and closeness she needs to get us all through the night, then go back to normal once she was well again. With a brilliant 'norm' to return to I wouldn't be worried at all.

Snugglesrock Sun 23-Feb-14 12:11:17

Thanks dew I'm just concerned about setting a precedent you know and it being terrible to breakhmm

DewClawDisaster Sun 23-Feb-14 14:00:09

I know that's a background concern, but it sounds like she has a fab routine (am jealous) and that this latest bout is due to illness, so no reason not to just go with the flow a bit - you'll all get more rest ime.

TheGreatHunt Sun 23-Feb-14 14:02:13

Give her water in the night and a good dusting o of her room. If the night cough continues, get her checked at the gp to rule out a chest infection.

I'd also sleep in her room if it keeps her there.

Snugglesrock Sun 23-Feb-14 15:45:28

Thanks guys. Think def need to see gp tm

Ours is fab thankfully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now