Talk

Advanced search

7 month old short naps! any ideas please?!

(5 Posts)
btheb Thu 20-Feb-14 07:11:14

Hi,
My 7 month old has three naps a day but they are each only 30-40 minutes long. I wondered if anyone had tried anything that worked to increase nap times? We have a consistent nap routine for when we're not out and about, book, cuddle, curtains shut and i have also tried being there immediately she wakes to try and re settle her.

Any ideas please!

Liveinthepresent Sun 23-Feb-14 13:39:00

Hi there this may be a bit random but my DS suddenly got loads better at this age when I started putting him down at set nap times and leaving longer gaps between sleep - I think I had not been letting him get tired enough.
Is that an option ?

Why is it a problem ? My DD never did any long stretches until she dropped from 3-2 naps. She slept 12 hours straight at night so I didn't care!

dS is a great napper but nights are rubbish ..

Jemimapuddleduk Sun 23-Feb-14 13:41:07

I would cut it down to 2 naps and as a general rule do the first one 3 hours after waking and the second one 3 hours after waking from first nap.

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Sun 23-Feb-14 13:50:41

My 7 month old has 3 naps a day for about that time, has done from 4/5 months, but sleeps 12hrs at night.
I didn't see it as a problem.
Why do you want her to have longer naps?
and I wasn't aware people had a nap routine, is this something i should have been doing, I just put him in a bean bag in the living room,when he's tired.

CountingSleep Sun 23-Feb-14 15:55:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now