Talk

Advanced search

7 month old sleeping on his side/front

(4 Posts)
Racheyg Fri 14-Feb-14 10:57:50

My 7 month old son has stopped sleeping at night,and as a result he ends up in bed with us. Was such a good sleeper, until a week or 2 ago. He now has a thing about sleeping on his side, absolutely hates sleeping on his back and only settles on his side. He sometimes rolls on to his front which I then get scared of suffocation and roll him back, he then wakes up and won't settle.

Shall I just leave his on his side/front? I have rolled up two towels and placed them tightly under the sheet but wondering if I should remove them incase they cause a risk.

Any advice would be great as I'm am going slightly crazy with worry. Xx

PetShopGirl Fri 14-Feb-14 11:15:43

I think once they are able to roll from one position to another under their own steam it's okay as they can shift themselves if they get too hot and are less likely to overheat? Certainly, since my DS has been able (from around a similar age) he has always rolled straight onto his front to go to sleep.

Racheyg Fri 14-Feb-14 12:30:39

Thanks petshop. What's your thoughts on the towels? Remove them so if he does get uncomfortable he has more space to roll back? Sorry having a baby has turned me slightly neurotic. smile

kazza446 Fri 14-Feb-14 12:33:41

My 7 week old co sleeps with me and he won't settle on his back. He sleeps on his side in my bed. I am fairly sure what petshopgirl says is correct. If he wants to sleep on his front let him and try not to worry about it d

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now